Finance Controller - Germany
Job Title: Country Controller
Reporting to: Group Commercial Controller (GCC)
Contract type: Full time Permanent
Following significant growth and a recent merger, Fintrax Group wishes to consolidate and strengthen the management teams in its largest countries with the appointment of a Country Controllers Germany .This new role will provide a comprehensive financial/ commercial management and accounting service for each country.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in multi-currency payments, VAT refunds and Credit Card Processing;
For almost 30 years Fintrax has been an industry pioneer, providing the best in payment services to overseas visitors, international retail groups and banks;
Fintrax employs over 550 people in our Worldwide Operations spanning over 29 countries and is headquartered in Galway, Ireland. It has Regional Offices in all major European cities and Singapore.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRA’s)
1. Manage and develop the Finance function of the country(typically consisting of ~5 heads);
2. Co-ordinate and drive the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process of the country, covering P&L, Cashflow and Balance Sheet;
3. Ensure timely business tracking and reporting with incisive analysis, providing guidance to the country management team and Group on maximisation/ recovery actions to support the Group’s achievement of its financial and business objectives;
4. Manage and up skill the pricing and contractual aspects of the business to deliver the Group’s strategic growth plans;
5. Understand the country’s business requirements and ensure the Finance team fulfil their supporting obligation;
6. With the Country Manager, hold monthly and quarterly reviews with country management to ensure that the financial and commercial performance of the country is in line with budget expectations, variances are investigated, understood and discussed with the GCC and the country management.
7. Assist country management in developing relevant and robust business cases;
8. Management of cash management & forecasting in co-ordination with Group Treasury;
9. Management of the credit control and receivables function of the country, ensuring minimal bad debt and DSO;
10. Planning and managing the annual external audit within the Group timelines, ensuring no surprises and a clean result;
11. Ensuring all local statutory filing requirements are adhered to and managed on time;
12. Ensuring that local taxation requirements (employer’s taxes, employee’s taxes, Corporation taxes, VAT returns etc.) are managed and filed in accordance with local statutory policy;
13. Assist the GCC and the wider Finance team with ad-hoc projects and ensure the deadlines for completion are adhered to;
14. Ensure country compliance with the Group’s Authority Matrix.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Seasoned finance professional with a large corporate background who wishes to take on his/ her first field role or one that wishes to upgrade to a larger entity;
Must be a qualified accountant (ACA or CIMA) with a minimum of 7 years’ post qualification experience in a fast paced and growing organisation/s;
Strong interpersonal skills;
First rate communicator/ persuader and influencer;
Proven leadership and managerial skills;
Proficient in spoken and written English;
Articulate and strongly analytical;
Logical problem solver;
Pragmatic with a flexible can-do mentality;
Tenacious and resilient without being arrogant or overbearing;
Self-confident and mature – able to be effective and credible at all levels;
Self-starter, but must combine this with being a good team player, sensitive to the needs of others.